Friday 27 September 2024

NEEDED: a co-administrator

My internet continues to be temperamental, and it would be useful to have a back-up for when I fail  to post (unless, of course, you can live with the uncertainty), though I admit last week's lack of comment from me was more due to a  few days of focussed activity on my current wip. Best bit, now there's no obligation to declare a weekly winner, is the choosing of a challenging but inspirational trio of prompt words. For this week try brew, constipate mystery

Entries by midnight Thursday 3rd October,   new words  Friday 4th

 Usual rules: 100 words maximum (excluding title) of flash fiction or poetry using all of the three words above in the genres of horror, fantasy, science fiction or noir. Serialised fiction is, as always, welcome. All variants and uses of the words and stems are fine.  


1 comment:

  1. Thresholds new [38]
    But what I’d assumed, from the opaque whiteness of its appearance, its consistency (indicated by its movement within the flask) was milk, the mystery of its taste told me it was an entirely other brew. Though ‘brew’ not precisely the word. Nothing of organic yeastiness about it, but nor, I was certain, had it been adulterated with such as magnesium hydroxide as would alleviate the symptoms of constipation.
    Raven’s mouth, chewing Gulch’s roast meat offering, expressed similar uncertainty. But, like me, he was reluctant to express ingratitude. He swallowed, ‘Don’t let us deprive you of your dinner –‘

    ReplyDelete