Wednesday, 30 January 2013

From Across The Pond.

I've received a package this morning, from overseas.  I imagine it is the sacred tome which spits forth the words from which we all weave our magical and horrific tales.  It sits on my dining room table, labeled with strict instructions not to open it until the morning of Thursday Friday, February 1st.  After opening, I'm to let it rest until it wakes on its own.  I shall  follow these directives faithfully, though I'm a bit concerned. The paper wrapping is shifting about a bit, and there are some strange squishy, gurgling sounds coming from within.

I hope the poor dear isn't suffering from jet lag.  We need to be ready for the friends and guests who will arrive soon.  Ah, well.  I shall leave it to rest and get on about putting the finishing touches on the place.

3 comments:

  1. Colleen - Friday is Feb 1st, not Thursday - you can delete this if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah...I'll leave it. Let's everyone know right off that I occasionally goof. Good way to start off. LOL. Looks as if RR may have corrected my error for me. I must apologize. I'm fixing to move in less than a week, and there's work and family stuff happening. My brain's a bit fizzed of late. I shall definitely try to be more on the ball, henceforth. Thanks Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see it made it over safely. The postage was high, plus the bribe I had to pay to the customs guy to not look inside the package, but it will all be worth it. It will be nice for me not to have to sleep with one eye open from now on in...

    ReplyDelete